I am known for being a calm, caring and grounded person with a keen sense of humour and high personal standards.
As a marriage celebrant, I am authorized by the Attorney-General’s Department to officiate your wedding according to the laws of Australia. I am a member of the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants and the International College of Celebrancy, Victoria.
I will arrive at your wedding ceremony well before the commencement time, be thoroughly prepared and dressed with style. I will have presence, but with a clear understanding that the day is yours.
As a former assistant principal, I am an experienced public speaker and I have post-graduate qualifications in psychology. I am also a trained actor; useful when writing and directing major school drama productions. These days I create wedding ceremonies!
Becoming a registered marriage celebrant was a natural and logical career move. People fascinate me and I enjoy listening to couple’s stories of romance and hearing about their hopes for the future. I also enjoy a good celebration, especially one which marks a significant milestone or transition in life. On a more personal level, I have a deep commitment to the institution of marriage through my own wonderfully happy marriage and strong relationship with my wife.
My office is in Hampton, so I'm available to conduct your ceremony in Melbourne's Bayside or inner-city suburbs. However, I'll travel anywhere within the Melbourne metropolitan area. Any further afield, I'd require reimbursement for petrol or accommodation and airfare costs.
In addition to my important work as a marriage celebrant, I am a freelance actor/voice over artist. All useful skills as a civil celebrant!
So if you expect a high level of service and desire a wedding ceremony that is written and presented with thought, flair and professionalism, I can assist you.
John McCullough Civil Celebrant
AFCC Certificate IV of Marriage Celebrancy
M Ed, B Ed
Office Hampton, Melbourne
What does my fee include?
My celebrant fee is discussed at the first meeting and includes:
- A ceremony guide book to assist you in choosing introductions, readings, declarations of marriage, selections of vows and ring ceremonies
- Use of my PA system with inbuilt CD player
- Consultation times
- A printed copy of your ceremony wording in a presentation folder
- A personally written ceremony to suit your needs
- Your printed Marriage Certificate
- All stationery costs
- Wedding preparation time, time to and from the ceremony, including ceremony time and travelling costs
- All legal paperwork prior to and after the marriage
- Telephone, mailing and faxing costs
- To secure your wedding day, a deposit/booking fee (one third of the total fee) is required. Full payment of the balance is required one month before the ceremony or by the wedding ceremony rehearsal at the latest.